The most read post on this blog is about Arnold Murray’s doctrine of the serpent seed. Since it gets so much traffic and venom (no pun intended), I thought it would be good to update it. Some of the links are no longer working, the youtube video mentioned in the comments has been removed, and Shepherd’s Chapel has updated their website. By the way, it is hardly reasonable to call this a “bash on Arnold Murray site,” since there are roughly 100 posts & only two (counting this one) discuss Murray.
There are many comments on the old post, but none actually addressed a question that I asked. What does “Kenite” mean? On his “Answer to Critics” page, Murray states:
What about the use of the word Kenites? It is a Hebrew word that has only one meaning, “sons of Cain.”
Strong’s Concordance and the Brown-Driver-Briggs’ lexicon do not give this definition. None of the commenters addressed this issue (other than Kendall Rycroft, who simply says that I am wrong), this is probably because they just pasted in comments they previously posted on a “I-know-Murray-is-right-because-I-can-look-up-words-in-Strong’s-concordance-and-anyone-who-criticizes-him-is-Satan’s-seed” forum (e.g., Bill). Strong’s concordance is a valuable tool for Bible study, by the way, it is not my intent to disparage it. I plan on addressing its value in my upcoming post of Arnold Murray.
To help me with the next post, I would like to ask two questions for my commenters.
- Could you name a source (other than Arnold Murray) for the word “Kenites” meaning “sons of Cain”?
- Are there any printed materials or materials that Arnold Murray has written online?
I asked for printed materials because I do not have the time or desire to go through a lot of audio messages. I will be glad to compare Murray’s own words with the teaching of the Scriptures. I realize there is some information on his website, but there is really not much there. Any additional sources would be appreciated.
- If this is your first comment, I will have to approve it before it is public. If you have had comments approved in the past, it will show up immediately.
- I am looking for resources in this comment thread, not arguments. If you think Murray is right, then you can post your arguments on my next post about him.
- Don’t expect me to answer comments on this post. I will on the next and I’ll give you a chance to defend Murray…
Thanks in advance!